Welcome to Largs Medical Group
At Largs Medical Group we aim to treat all our patients promptly, courteously and in complete confidence. It is not always necessary to see a GP and for this reason reception staff will ask for the reason for your appointment request. This ensures you get the right appointment with the right person at the right time. For more information please click here.
Video consultation by Near Me
If you have been asked by a clinician to take part in a video consultation, please use this link:
and follow the instructions. Video consultations are by invitation only. Please do not use this link unless you have already spoken to a GP or physiotherapist regarding your concerns.
Patients can attend video consultations from their home or wherever is convenient by clicking on the link above. Video consultations run on GOOGLE CHROME or SAFARI on any device with a camera, microphone and internet access, e.g. smartphone, laptop, etc. It is better to use wi-fi rather than roaming data to ensure a good connection.
Video consultation - Patient Information Leaflet
Community Pharmacy - what we do
Our community pharmacy teams are working extremely hard to provide the medicines you need. Here are a few things you can do to help them help you:
- Do not go to the pharmacy if you or anyone in your household is showing symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature, new persistent cough).
- Plan ahead - please order your repeat prescription 7 days before you need it. But please do not ask for more than you need or a longer prescription duration, this may lead to shortages. Prescriptions can be ordered by phoning the GP surgery or handing in to the pharmacy. If you are handing in a prescription please put on your contact details to make it easier for the dispenser to contact you when it is ready, this will cut down the amount of time you will need to spend in the pharmacy.
- If you are self-isolating or shielding ask a family member or member of the Community Hub to pick up your prescription for you. The Largs Community Hub can be contacted on 01475 789585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and they can deliver to your door.
Safeguarding - whether you are concerned for your own wellbeing or safety, or that of a child, partner or friend, there are places you can turn to for help - safeguarding helplines
Coping in the COVID-19 crisis - below are some practical self care guides to help anyone who is feeling worried or anxious in these trying times:
Self Care Guide Coping during COVID-19
Corona Anxiety Penumbra Resource
OCD and COVID-19: https://www.ocduk.org/ocd-and-coronavirus
Advice for parents/carers and young people
Guidance for parents/carers
Solihull Online Courses for parents/Carers - The Scottish Government has negotiated access to Solihull Online. These are courses which help nurture a a caring and supportive relationship by carers and help understanding of the stages of a child's development from pregnancy through to 19 years through interactive activities, quizzes and video clips. The courses available in Scotland are:
- Understanding pregnancy, labour, birth and your baby
- Understanding your baby
- Understanding your child
- Understanding your teenager's brain.
To access these courses for free, use the code: TARTAN on the link below
Solihull Online Courses
(Site updated 20/07/2020)